We are a growing actuarial consulting firm helping businesses in the medical insurance world
succeed. We don’t just say that, we mean it and we do it every day. Strong service, work, and team
ethics are the values that define us and empower us to make the impact that we do. We are seeking
intellectually curious individuals that share our values and have a passion for delighting clients.
At AST, we don’t believe in “silos” or following “recipes” when performing actuarial work. We
believe in teaching first principles, taking ownership, and being innovative with our work. We
function in a collaborative environment where sharing information, regardless of experience, is
encouraged. Our analysts construct models, consult with clients, perform both pricing and reserving
analysis, and work on ad hoc projects. As a result, our teammates develop a breadth of actuarial
knowledge and business acumen.
We’d love to hear from you if our professional philosophy and team-first culture engages you.
Daily Execution Excellence:
- Collect, analyze, and interpret claims and premium data using tools such as Excel and R
- Explore methods of estimating reserves to determine outstanding liabilities
- Create and update experience reports
- Use analysis and tools to make pricing recommendations
- Develop renewal pricing and new business quotes
- Maintain regulatory compliance functions such as capital adequacy and rate filings
- Collaborate with peers through project management
- Present findings and analysis to clients in program management meetings
- Other ad hoc analyses.
- Strong understanding of and passion for delighting clients
- Degree in finance, computer information systems, accounting, economics, mathematics,
actuarial science, health care management, or other related field
- Effective presentation and communication skills, both written and verbal
- Diligent in checking own work and the work of others for accuracy, paying attention to
- Ability to work independently and within a team environment
- Positive attitude is a must
- Ability to problem solve, demonstrating analytical and critical thinking skills
- Ability to prioritize and handle multiple tasks, demonstrating strong overall organization and time management skills
- Willingness to work in a sometimes ambiguous and often changing environment
Preferred Experience and Technical Skills
- 0-3 years of relevant experience
- Internship in healthcare, insurance, or actuarial field
- Experience in data analysis and/or reporting in a related field
- Strong Excel skills desired
- SQL, Python, R, or other programming skills a plus
- Medical, dental, vision, and life benefits
- Health/wellness allowance
- Cell phone reimbursement
- PTO and holidays
- Competitive actuarial exam support program.
Interested applicants should provide resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.